Beginning in 1876 as the Hartford Machine Screw Company, Stanadyne's history of precision and quality had its roots in the development of the automatic machines for screw production. Growing through the industrialization of America, the Hartford Machine Screw Company became a leading supplier of precision metal components for industries throughout North America manufacturing components in several locations in the USA.
During the 1940's, the company began to develop the mechanical rotary fuel distribution pump that today powers many of the world's diesel engines. As the market grew for diesel pumps, other innovative products were developed to serve the needs of the additional elements of the diesel fuel system. Today, pumps, injectors, and support products complete the product offering for fuel systems.
Today, Stanadyne's emphasis on quality and productivity helps the company to exceed the expectations of the market for it products. This, along with Stanadyne's drive to develop innovative new products, like the GDI pump for direct gasoline injection engines and the development of new revenue streams, continues to make Stanadyne the partner of choice.